The top five pictures—chosen by you—were displayed in the exhibit, "Portraits of Planet Ocean," at the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History in summer 2013.
Skerry is a regular contributor to the Smithsonian Ocean Portal, sharing his personal experiences, adventures, and fantastic images with you.
- Explore the latest blogs by Brian Skerry.
- Brian shares some of the stories behind photos of manatees, turtles and sharks on display in "Portraits of Planet Ocean."
- From the Azores, Brian writes about a photographer's life in the field.
- How does he craft the perfect underwater photo?
- The only way to take amazing photos of sharks is to go swimming with them.